COMP4300/6430: Parallel Systems
Semester 1, 2013
This is an honours/masters level course that covers a variety of topics related to parallel computer systems. You will learn about parallel hardware and associated programming models, and how to divide up computation so that it can be executed in parallel. We will explore the current state of high end computing both for computationally intensive and data intensive computing. The course will make use of the supercomputer located on campus at the National Computational Infrastructure facility.
Important messages will be posted here!
- Midsemester marks now available in streams (May 4). Those who missed the lecture on Thursday can pick their papers up in the lecture next week.
- Midsemester papers and marks will be handed out in lecture today (May 3).
- Assignment 1 example solution posted.
- Assignment 2: Stencil Computation Using Threads and Tasks Due .
- The Mid-Semester Exam will be held on Tuesday 23 April at the usual lecture time (14:00 in CHEM T2). The MSE is worth 20% (NOT 10% - corrected) of the total course mark, and may include any material covered in lectures up to lecture 14-15 "Shared Memory Programming". Reading time: 15 minutes; writing time: 60 minutes.
- Assignment 1 Due 13:00 Monday 15 April.
- There will be **NO** lecture on Tuesday 19 February. The first lecture will be on Thursday 21 February. (Sorry about that - I am away in New Zealand!)