COMP8440: Free and Open Source Software Development
Autumn 2014Course staff:
- This course is part of the Masters of Computing program, but is also offered for other students via a range of flexible enrolment options. For information on enrolling in this course, please see enrolment information
- Assumed knowledge is basic competence with using a Unix-like operating system (such as Linux). Having some competence in at least one programming language will be an advantage.
- Please see the StudyAt entry for Course Description and Learning Outcomes.
- A total of 18 hours of lectures will be given, plus a similar amount of tutorial/lab hours. The course will have a very practical focus.
- News will be posted on the course Announcement forum (staff post only).
- There is also a Discussion forum which will be (semi-) regularly monitored by the course staff.
- The 2014 timetable is now available.
- Some refreshments will be provided during the course