There are a few things to know about *TechLauncher*...
## Awesome Work from Incredible Students!
You are in good company. TechLauncher is all about turning dreams into reality.
...some outcomes [here](/techlauncher/outcomes/)
## Team Formation
Projects are chosen and teams are formed on [Team Formation Night](/techlauncher/dates/team_formation).
* Teams register 2 spokespeople who communicate:
* composition of the team, AND
* tutorial preferences
[Teams of 4-7 should be formed, appropriate to the size of the project](/techlauncher/dates/team_formation)
## Class Representatives
* We kindly request one [representative](../assets/rep.ppt) for each of:
* COMP4500, and
* You will be [trained](../assets/anusa.pdf)!
* This is an opportunity for some *life-long learning*...
# Program Concepts and Objectives
TechLauncher is about delivering value that is recognised by your peers and professionals. You also develop a team process that enables you to do that predictably and repeatably.
[We measure value as a balance between project outputs and governance](/techlauncher/current_students/course_outline/#delivering-value)
## Real Projects
TechLauncher [projects](https://redmine.cecs.anu.edu.au/redmine/) are real. These are not canned synthetic textbook exercises. You are responsible for defining and delivering the solution.
[clients, including your fellow students, propose projects.](/techlauncher/get_involved/call_for_projects/)
We remove as many constraints as possible:
[most of your time is spent out of the classroom doing your project](/techlauncher/current_students/course_outline/#expected-workload).
## Diversity and Professionalism
You, your peers, your client, your tutor, and your mentors should all have a voice. Respectfully managing a diversity of perspectives and expertise is a key to success.
[We expect all TechLauncher members to be professional and respectful](/techlauncher/current_students/guidelines/professionalism/).
## Design, Build, Test, Measure, Learn
There are no specified deliverables - this is negotiated between the group, clients and TechLauncher. [\(Project Audits\), peer-driven 360 processes, are used to evaluate the actual work done](/techlauncher/current_students/evaluation/).
## Many Eyes
All stakeholders are involved in a project audit through the [Many Eyes Process](/techlauncher/current_students/guidelines/many_eyes_process/).
## Tutor Meetings and Program Structure
Tutors mentor students at meetings before and after audit weeks in a cycle of [planning, acting, and reflecting](/techlauncher/current_students/structure/#plan-act-reflect).
You will carefully learn new skills, research opportunities in relation to this, and showcase the outcomes [by producing an incredible portfolio](/techlauncher/current_students/evaluation/work_portfolio_package/).
- The official class forum is on Piazza
- Please let an examiner know if you are not on that forum
- We use ANU's Moodle site Wattle.
- All TechLauncher students must be enrolled in the Wattle program with a title like 'COMP3500_SemN_2020'. Here, N could be either 2 or 1, for Semesters 2 and 1, respectively.
- RSCS will provide one team member (e.g. "researcher") an enterprise Pluralsight seat
- We provide some guidance wrt other tools you may wish to use
Recommendations: Team Composition
- Form a team with COMP4500 student on Project Management
- COMP8715 students often have valuable industry experience
- COMP3500 students should seek to complement their coursework through practice in TechLauncher
## Workshop Sessions
Supercharge your portfolio, and leverage the [Careers Centre](http://www.anu.edu.au/students/careers-opportunities/careers) and the [Academic Skills Centre](http://www.anu.edu.au/students/contacts/academic-skills)
Workshop sessions [throughout](/techlauncher/dates/) semester help teams to create the best work possible. Talk to convener about facilitating a session for bonus marks.
## TechLauncher Showcase
Teams present their prototypes and work to the Canberra community at the [TechLauncher showcase](/techlauncher/dates/project_showcase/).
## Find out more...
[The TechLauncher website has all the information you need to get started with TechLauncher.](/techlauncher/)
- Any agreement you sign must be a 3 party agreement, between: (i) the university, (ii) your client's organisation, and (iii) the relevant students
- Why? To evaluate and assess your team, we must have unencumbered access to all Project IP
- Some clients will not proceed without an agreement
- Our preferred agreement is here.
- please familiarise yourself with this now
- PARSA and ANUSA can provide legal advise
- Contact clients now and ask them about IP and NDA
Accelerators Spaces Communities