Posted 02:43:00 AM
IoT@BIT artefact exhibition
this event is happening this Friday Feb 22 @ 5pm—don’t miss out!
If you’ve been following this blog, you’ll remember that Kieran and I went to China a couple of months ago to teach a course on the Internet of Things.
The students from that course have been busily working away over the Australian summer to build their IoT artefacts exploring the theme (dis)connecting together:
The time has come for them to show off the stuff they’ve made, and the details for the final exhibition/showcase are:
- Date: Friday Feb 22
- Time: 5pm-8pm
- Location: 1.33 Ground Floor Seminar/Function Room, Building #145
for more details, see the course website.
If you come along, you’ll see things like:
- a modern reimagination of the jukebox and other musical interfaces
- several smart bracelets for making clubbing and partying more fun/engaging/safer
- a toothbrush which rats you out to your dentist if you’re not brushing properly
- a smart-home device specifically designed for pet tortoises
- several dystopian manifestations of the surveillance capitalism panopticon in which we live and work
- and much more
If you want to get your head in the game beforehand, you can have a read through the students’ design blog.
All welcome, invite your friends, see you there.