Welcome to COMP8400 - Algorithms and Techniques for Data Mining - in 2015
This course uses Wattle for all content, please use the link to login.
Welcome to COMP8400 in 2015. This Web site contains information for interested students, such as an overview of the course content, the text book to be used, and links to relevant information on the ANU Programs and Courses Web site.
General course information
- General course information: Is available from the
COMP8400 ANU Programs and Courses Web site.
- Course coordinator and lecturer:
- Lecture and lab/tutorial times from
- Course handout:
(Note: this is still the 2014 handout, the 2015 version will be uploaded early February).
This handout contains important administrative information about the course. The current version is preliminary and will be updated at the beginning of the semester.
- Text book:
Jaiwei Han and Micheline Kamber, Data Mining - Concepts and Techniques,
3rd edition, Morgan Kaufmann, 2011.
Please note that COMP8400 will not cover all chapters in this book, and some content of COMP8400 is not covered by this text book.
- Non-award student attendance:
This course is open to interested parties (such as industry or
government employees) who don't want or cannot enrol in a full ANU
For details on fees and how to apply as 'non-award student' please see:
- Programs and Courses, COMP8400 Fees and Dates
- Form for 'Application for Non-Award Admission' (Note that non-award applications close 31st January 2015).
As an alternative, consider ANU's Graduate Studies Select, which allows participants to select courses from across the graduate course offerings available at the ANU.
- If you are interested in data mining in general, please visit KDNuggets.com - Analytics and Data mining resources.