Call for Expressions of Interest – App Development
PhD student Nadienne Roffey from the Centre for Social Research and Methods together with supervisor, Dr Jason Payne, are interested in seeking out someone within the school of Computer Science who would be able to help develop a website and mobile app for our research. The webpage and mobile app will have quite a simple layout, however there are a number of design and security conditions that we require the website and mobile app to adhere to, which we are happy to discuss in more detail. We would like meet with someone who has knowledge and experience in constructing software and web design that we can discuss our project with further.
To develop a secure server-based web survey tool capable of pulse-surveying registered participants via notifications. This EOI is intended to (a) scope two functionality options and (b) produce the agreed product.
- Option 1: Server-side survey app. In this option, a pre-existing survey platform (Apollo, Qualtrics, etc) is used to create surveys on a secure ANU server. The app allows push notifications from an administrator control panel, and links the user to the server-side survey for completion.
- Option 2: User-side survey app. In this option, the mobile app has built-in survey functionality, is mobile-compatible (iOS and Android OS) and transmits encrypted survey data to a secure ANU-based server. Users are pushed the survey content directly to their device (with notification), and the survey data is deleted from the app upon encryption and submission.
The project offers potential research benefits for the successful applicant.
We ask that applicants submit a short tender detailing their qualifications and experience, with an estimation of costings and time requirements to complete the task.
The following specifications are required of the user-side platform:
- Capable of delivering multiple survey questions in multiple qualitative and quantitative formats (including image upload function and voice recorded submission function), or alternatively seamless transition from the App to a server-side web-based survey platform;
- User supplied data is deleted upon submission (i.e. not cached on the device)
- Users are allocated an identification key capable of tracking single respondents and multiple survey entries;
- User data should be encrypted upon submission and transmission;
- We also require either option to simultaneously run various types of surveys to our participants.
The following specifications are required of the administrator-side platform:
- Data is stored on an ANU secure server.
- Survey questions (or notifications of new surveys) can be scheduled to be sent at specific times/days.
- Survey data to be extracted into common data formats (delimited, MSExcel, etc.)
- Survey questions should be ‘banked’ and available for reuse.
All expressions of interest can be emailed to Nadienne Roffey.