Recently named in Deloitte’s 2020 fast 500 companies of North America after another monumental growth year, Instaclustr is a Canberra based Australian owned open source as-a-service company, delivering reliability at scale. We manage cutting edge open source technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch) for our customers around the world.
Since its foundation in 2013, Instaclustr has seen significant growth, with large scale and really exciting customers spread across the globe, and over 3000 servers under our management. We have offices in Australia, the USA, and Europe and employ over 160 people worldwide.
We are seeking computer science undergraduates for casual positions (up to 20 hours per week during semester and 38/hrs a week during uni break) to work alongside our engineering teams undertaking a range of smaller tasks to help us get stuff done and improve the quality of our products. Nate: further masters students are also welcome to apply for the position.
This is an opportunity to get some hands-on experience with these technologies while working with Instaclustr’s experienced development and technical operations teams.
This opportunity is open to both international and domestic students.
Work will be varied and may include:
1. Working as a team member in an agile team following the Scrum methodology developing a new product in a fast moving market.
2. Undertaking coding, debugging and troubleshooting in Java, Python, AngularJS, PostgreSQL and other tools.
3. Following, and helping drive improvement in, standard QA and other development processes.
4. Documentation review, organisation and maintenance.
1. Customer ticket review, ensuring issues are resolved, and issue histories are maintained
2. Documentation review, organisation and search optimisation
3. Technical operations tools development, working in an environment with Linux, Python, Bash, Docker, and Ansible.
4. Testing documented changes (including performance testing.
● Creating and maintaining customer facing support pages
● Evaluating new candidate offerings for the product roadmap
● Assisting in the development of communication material for our product offerings
● The position requires excellent written English communication skills,
● Basic Linux admin and Java development skills and strong ability to learn new technologies.
● Some existing understanding of Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka or ElasticSearch would be highly regarded.
Location and hours
● Up to 20 hours per week during semester and 40/hrs a week during uni break
● We anticipate that team members would have the opportunity to work full time during university holidays and be embedded with our engineering teams.
● Working hours will be in our offices on the University of Canberra campus.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and current active transcript directly through to email@example.com
along with an expression of interest for the casual position. Subject line for the email should be: “Instaclustr - Casual Software Engineer - your full name”
Masters applicants should send a copy of both Bachelors degree and current Masters degree transcript. Candidates who fail to send the transcripts won't be considered for the role.
Applications close on the 23 May 2021