Macquarie Telecom Sydney is offering a graduate employment opportunity:
· A 2 year fixed term contract to work within the Hosting Management Centre with the ability to extend the contract for a further 12 months.
· A formal on-boarding and ongoing certification program that will see you equipped with the required skills and certifications to progress your career after 2-3 years in this role. This will be broken down as follows:
0 – 6 months
Macquarie Telecom Licence to Serve
Macquarie Telecom Licence to Complete Day Shift
Macquarie Telecom Licence to Complete Night Shift
Macquarie Telecom Licence to Serve Federal Government
Cisco CCNA or CCNA Data Center
6 – 12 months
ITIL v3 Foundations
12 – 18 months
18 – 24 months
Redhat RHCE or Cisco CCNP Route/Switch or Security
24 – 30 months (Option)
Cisco CCNP Route/Switch or Security / Redhat RHCE
30 – 36 months (Option)
F5 Technology Specialist (301a & 301b)
· A graded salary package (subject to performance) of:
0 – 6 months $45,000 base + $10,000 bonus
6 – 12 months $50,000 base + $10,000 bonus
12 – 18 months $55,000 base + $10,000 bonus
18 – 24 months $60,000 base + $10,000 bonus
24 – 30 months (option) $65,000 base + $10,000 bonus
30 – 36 months (option) $65,000* base + $10,000 bonus
· The opportunity to be exposed to and learn about a broad range of industry leading technologies and systems
· An opportunity to extend a career within Macquarie Telecom into a Senior Engineering, Technical Implementation, Customer Service Management or supervisor role or leave MT with Industry recognised certifications that can be transferred into other IT organisations;
· An allocated Macquarie Telecom buddy outside of the HMC to help with orientation into Macquarie Telecom
· Eligible to qualify for Macquarie Club, Macquarie Telecom’s premier recognition program that rewards the top 10% of the organisation based on performance
· Eligible to participate in a variety of non financial reward and recognition programs run by the HMC manager
· A group graduation dinner hosted by Macquarie’s Chief Executive at the completion of the fixed term contract
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for the Hosting Management Centre (HMC) is passionate about using their IT abilities to solve problems for our customers.
They are a University student that is currently in or about to start the final year of their IT or technical services (engineering, science or maths) degree or has completed one of these degrees in the previous 12 months.
The candidate will have worked in a paid part time capacity whilst studying at University preferably in a customer facing role.
They will have an affinity for IT and an aptitude for diagnosis and repair. They are likely to be the person family and friends call upon to setup a home network or fix the home PC or similar. A strong passion for networking is essential for the role, and familiarity working with Linux/Unix environments is a bonus.
The candidate will have highly developed communications skills both written and aural and will have strong listening and questioning talents.
They are a talented person who has a proven aptitude and ability to learn, with the ability and willingness to advance in their career after 2-3 years in this role whether that advancement is technical, customer focussed or outside of Macquarie Telecom.
The candidate will be an Australian citizen and eligible to obtain DSD Government Security clearance.
HMC Engineer - Tier 1.
A passion for IT
Ability to troubleshoot issues in a Windows or Unix environment
Familiarity with either Juniper or Cisco network infrastructure with basic troubleshooting skills
Good knowledge of the OSI model
Knowledge of configuring internet applications such as Apache, Exim, BIND
Knowledge of network monitoring tools and protocols (MRTG, RRD, NAGIOS, SNMP)
An aptitude for diagnostics and repair
A positive, professional with pro-active attitude towards customer enquiries
Service oriented individual with excellent communication skills
Macquarie Telecom offers business-only solutions in Australia’s most secure and accredited data centres. We seek to exceed our customers’ expectations in terms of security, uptime, scalability, expert engineering knowledge and customer service, with every interaction being superior to that of our competitors. Our Hosting Management Centre (HMC) Engineers will be the initial technical interface for all customer logged enquiries. They will be part of an all Australian based team who will be equipped with the latest technology and access to customer data enabling the resolution of technical incidents for Macquarie Telecom customers on the first call. Engineers will also detect incidents in these data centres to proactively communicate and resolve issues.
HMC Engineers will be equipped with all required skills and industry recognised accreditations that will place them a grade above a standard Tier 1 NOC role.
The HMC Engineer will receive inbound customer queries via phone, email and web chat. They will be responsible for the technical diagnostics and restoration of Hosting services applying the appropriate sense of urgency. In some cases where the resolution is dependent on engaging a more technical resource or 3rd party vendor, the HMC Engineer will be responsible for managing the outbound communication, proactively keep the customer regularly informed with progress updates.
The HMC Engineer will also be responsible for the pro-active monitoring of the Intellicentre facility and Macquarie’s managed customer infrastructure.
For a full Position Description please see the attached file.
To apply please complete the application form and attach your reume here: https://sye.tbe.taleo.net/sye02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MACQTELE&cws=37&rid=15