Paid positions are available for a 6 month internship as a member of an agile software development team working on mission planning systems for the ADF aircraft starting in June/July 2016.
Sigma Bravo is an Australian owned company that specialises in the integration and support of mission systems. It employees approximately 50 software engineers, aeronautical engineers and pilots, in Canberra and at RAAF, Army and Navy air-bases around Australia. Sigma Bravo engineers and developers work on the software essential for aircrew to plan, execute and debrief their missions in aircraft ranging from fighter jets, to maritime and battlefield helicopters, to transport and tanker aircraft.
· Work as a software developer in an agile team environment
· Research and develop a real software product that assists aircraft to avoid hazards during flight
· Interns will likely also get to work in AngularJS and NodeJS
· Gain additional experience in information management and distribution, information security and certification, software development quality standards and airworthiness certification, and systems integration.
· Experience with development of computer based training
You will be mentored by highly experienced software engineers with many years of Defence and commercial experience. There will be up to four interns working in this team helping you to integrate and develop your skills.
· Must be an Australian citizen. Whilst not initially working in a classified domain, interns will be required to complete a security clearance which will then allow access; this security clearance (paid for by Sigma Bravo) is then highly attractive to future employers
· Currently pursuing a degree in CECS - completed a minimum of 96 units with a minimum GPA of 5.5
· Able to work as part of a team
· High sense of responsibility
· Excellent English (spoken and written)
· Enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-reliant.
This internship has been designed to meet the learning outcomes for the current 6-month internship course code COMP3820 (from http://programsandcourses.anu.edu.au/course/COMP3820 ). Note that if you’re interested in this opportunity but don’t have 24 units of elective space available in your program to fit COMP3820, please come and speak with Student Services, as we will be able to investigate what alternative course options are available to you.
· Submit your CV and a 1-2 page Expression of Interest demonstrating your skills and experience against the Internship Tasks and eligibility requirements listed about to Student Services by Close of Business Monday 23rd May, 2016.
· Applications will then be forwarded Sigma Bravo for shortlisting and interview
· You will be contacted directly with the outcome of your application.