Are you looking for a challenge and a way to give back?
Do you seek a career that will open up infinite options for your future and others?
Did you experience inequity through personal experience or volunteer work?
Have you always wanted to be a teacher, or rarely considered it?
Teach for Australia is an innovative not-for-profit organisation which aims to address one of Australia's most pressing social issues - educational disadvantage. Achieving our goal of an Australia where all children have excellent educational opportunities requires change from every level of society. Such change must be led by people impassioned by social justice and the belief that all children have the ability to learn.
Teach For Australia recruits highly skilled, driven graduates and professionals, from non-Education disciplines, and prepares them to be leaders in schools experiencing disadvantage. Over two years in our Graduate Program, you will be challenged and mentored to develop both yourself and your students as a salaried teacher, whilst completing your Masters in Teaching studies on assisted scholarship.
Applications for Cohort 2019 are now open.
- Candidates must be a citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.
- Candidates must have completed (or be in the final stage of completing) at least a Bachelor Degree in any discipline by the end of 2018.
- Candidates must not already have a Degree in Education.
- Candidates must have already completed (or be on track to successfully complete) a major study in at least one of the currently open learning areas. Learning areas are based on degree specialisations and close as we fill vacancies. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to ensure their area of study is still accepting applications. Find current learning area status here.
- Candidates can only apply once in a calendar year. In the case of an unsuccessful application, candidates are warmly encouraged to reapply in future years. Feedback is available to all candidates who reach the final stage of the selection process.
Contact Tim Friel, the ACT Recruitment Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Detaills for an upcoming information session can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/444272866028272/