The World Laureates Forum (WLF) is the highest-profile scientific conference in Asia and the foremost global scientific gathering of prize-winners, including laureates of the Nobel Prize, Wolf Prize, Lasker Award, Turing Award, MacArthur Fellowship and Fields Medal. Held under the vision “Science and Technology for the Common Destiny of Mankind”, the Forum aims to “Promote Basic Science, Advocate for International Cooperation and an Open Exchange of Ideas, and Support the Development of Youth”. The World Laureates Association (WLA) initiated the inaugural forum in 2018, Shanghai China. For three consecutive years, participants have grown from 35 world laureates (26 Nobel Prize winners) in 2018, to 65 laureates (44 of Nobel) in 2019, to 137 world laureates (61 of Nobel) and over 200 young scientists in 2020. Young scientists and researchers were placed greater importance as the Forum develops.
As the global leading institute, we would like to invite 2-3 PhD students or postdoctoral fellows from ANU to join the 4th World Laureates Forum (WLF), which will be held in Shanghai, China on October 30th - November 3rd, 2021. The forum will serve as an exchange and communication platform to support and encourage young researchers worldwide to establish a global vision, and immerse into scientific exploration.
- PhD students or postdoctoral fellows
- Have made outstanding achievements in their own respective areas
- Published papers on top journals in their own respective areas
- Applicants of Young Scientists/Researchers Awards are preferred
- E-Poster display (hence the opportunity to be reviewed and commented by laureates)
- Various seminars and themed sessions during the forum (will have the opportunity to join the discussions)
- As young investigators, they can:
- Communicate with science masters (including Nobel Laureates) freely
- Fully demonstrate your academic achievements, talents and innovative ideas
- CV (required, template as attached)
- A profile photo (required, high resolution)
- Two recommendation letters (optional)
- A short video to introduce yourself (optional)
- Duration: within 2 minutes
- Layout: horizontal version (if shoot with mobile phone, please place
- the phone horizontally)
- Format: Any common video format (AVI \ MOV \ RMVB \ FLV \ MP4 \ MPEG)
- Resolution: The clearer the better (4K is the best)
- Content: Unlimited
More information and contact details can be found in the two attached documents or by contacting Yujing Jin (below).