Host Applications for Semester 1 2020 now open
- The ANU would like to invite organisations to consider hosting a computing student intern in Semester 1 2020. Summary information about the program is provided below. the Key dates for the program are:
- Host Intern Project Applications Open: Wednesday 4 September 2019
- Host Intern Project Application Close: Friday 4 October 2019
- Interviews between hosts and student intern candidates: early November 2019
- Host supervisor briefings: week commencing 17 February 2020
- Intern placement commences in the week commencing 24 February 2020 and finish in the week commencing 25 May 2020
The ANU is committed to the academic and professional development of its students and ongoing engagement with government and industry.
One way we do this is by facilitating a range of valuable, real-world professional and practical student internship opportunities in partnership with local, interstate and international industry and government organisations.
The Computing Internship Program provides Masters, as well as penultimate and final year undergraduate students the opportunity to work in a business technology environment to apply technical skills and build professional skills. This work is an assessable part of the student’s degree.
Students participating in the Internship Program are seeking an opportunity to work with industry and apply knowledge and skills learnt in their courses to solve real world challenges. This is valuable in providing work experience that helps with future job prospects.