I am a Senior Lecturer with ANU and CS Futures Fellowship at the Research School of Computer Science, Australian National University (ANU). I received a PhD in Computer Science for work in Robot Motion Planning from the National University of Singapore under the supervision of David Hsu, and received a BSc in Computer Science from the University of Indonesia. I was a faculty member at the School of ITEE, University of Queensland (UQ). Prior to UQ, I worked with Nicholas Patrikalakis as a Research Scientist at the Singapore--MIT Alliance for Research and Technology, MIT.
My research focuses on algorithms to enable robust decision theory to become practical software tools, with applications in robotics and the assurance of autonomous systems. Such software tools will enable robots to design their own strategies, such as deciding what data to use, how to gather the data, and how to move, for accomplishing various tasks well, despote various modelling errors and types of uncertainty, and despite limited to no information about the system and its operating environment.
Along with colleagues and students, our work was nominated for the best paper award at IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2015 and won a best paper award at the International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS) 2015. I received a gold award for ICT researcher of the year 2015 from the Australian Computer Society and was a keynote speaker at IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots (IROS) 2018.
- Decision making under uncertainty
- Robust robot manipulation
- Assurance of autonomous systems
- Robot motion planning
- Reinforcement learning
- Applications of computational geometry
More info about my research is here
- ANU Futures Scheme recipient 2019-2023
- Keynote speaker at IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) 2018
- Best Conference Paper Award Finalist at IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2015
- Best Student Paper Award at Int. Conf. on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS) 2015
- Featured in "25 women in robotics you need to know about", Robohub 2015 in celebration of Lady Ada Lovelace
- Gold Award for ICT Researcher of the year 2015 from the Australian Computing Society (ACS)