I am a Ph.D. student with Research School of Computer Science at The Australian National University. I am a member of ANU Computational Media Lab, where I am supervised by Dr Lexing Xie and Dr Marian-Andrei Rizoiu. I have also been working with Professor Wray Buntine at Monash University.
My research focuses on understanding the evolution of popularity on social media. I have been mainly working on modeling and understanding popularity in online networks with stochastic point processes. I have developed algorithms to model point processes with classical machine learning techniques as well as using modern deep learning networks, mainly recurrent networks.
- Popularity Modeling
- Online Information Diffusion
- Social Networks
- Stochastic Point Processes
- Deep Learning
- Machine Learning
Swapnil Mishra, Marian-Andrei Rizoiu, Lexing Xie. Modeling Popularity in Asynchronous Social Media Streams with Recurrent Neural Networks. ICWSM, 2018.
Marian-Andrei Rizoiu, Young Lee, Swapnil Mishra, Lexing Xie. Hawkes Processes for Events in Social Media. Frontiers of Multimedia Research, 2018.
Marian-Andrei Rizoiu, Swapnil Mishra, Quyu Kong, Mark Carman, Lexing Xie. SIR-Hawkes: Linking Epidemic Models and Hawkes Processes to Model Diffusions in Finite Populations. 2017.
Swapnil Mishra, Marian-Andrei Rizoiu, Lexing Xie. Feature Driven and Point Process Approaches for Popularity Prediction. CIKM, 2016.
Wray L. Buntine, Swapnil Mishra. Experiments with non-parametric topic models. KDD, 2014.
- COMP4650/6490: Document Analysis (2013-2018)
- COMP2420/6420 (Developed): Introduction to Data Management, Analysis and Security (2018)
- COMP2410/6340: Networked Information Systems (2014, 2017, 2018)
- COMP7230: Introduction to Programming for Data Scientists (2017)
- COMP1730/6730: Programming for Scientist (2014, 2015)