This project aims to detect privacy and security issues admitted in the commit messages of different languages. You will be working with GitHub's API, performing open-coding and analysing the text with different NLP techniques. This project will be part of an Ethical Application, as you will be contacting developers to invite them to complete an anonymous online survey.
Note: This project is open and recruiting students. This project can be used to apply to the Co-lab Honours grant.
- Programming knowledge, preferably either Python or R. Other languages are welcome but not needed.
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn quickly) about using APIs to download data.
- Demonstrated academic writing skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
Please, contact me via email with a detailed resume, and your comments (1 page only) on why you are interested in on this project.
Anybody is welcome to apply. However, female candidates (or female-identifying) are especially encouraged to submit.
- Mining software repositories. Mixed-Methods. Developers Survey.
- Privacy and Security disclosure.
- Open-source software development.