Hazard Alert - electrical safety

10am Friday 24 Jul 2020

This week, a notifiable incident occurred where a staff member received an electrical shock while conducting electrical testing and tagging on a piece of personal electrical equipment.

This incident was caused by the staff member coming into contact with exposed wires from a personal laptop charger that had been brought into the workplace. The charger kept being used despite the poor condition of the lead, presenting unacceptable safety risk.

While the injured staff is expected to make a full recovery, this is an important reminder that all electrical equipment, including personal equipment, must adhere to ANU electrical safety measures.

Please familiarise yourself with the action required listed on page 2 of the attached hazard alert and distribute widely among your colleagues and students.

 

Updated:  1 June 2019/Responsible Officer:  Head of School/Page Contact:  CECS Marketing