Each year the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (“the College”) may award up to two (2) scholarships, known as the Advanced Computinh Research & Development Female Excellence Scholarship.
The Scholarship is available to Female students who have completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia or New Zealand and who are applying for admission to University for the first time. The Scholarships are highly competitive and based on academic merit.
The Scholarship shall be available to a female applicant who:
· Is an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
· Is entering university for the first time. Students transferring from other universities are not eligible.
· Has applied for admission and will enrol into a single or Flexible Double Degree program of Bachelor of Advanced Computing (Research & Development) (Honours) offered by the College.
· Has completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia.
· Has applied for admission through UAC and has an approved ATAR or ENTER tertiary score. Direct applicants are not eligible.
· Has achieved a minimum ATAR of 99 (excluding bonus points).
A Selection Committee will be appointed and will make a recommendation for this Scholarship based on academic merit, and the program of study which the applicants have applied for. Consideration may also be given to any other factors which the Selection Committee considers to be appropriate and in line with the College’s strategic direction and priorities.
Recipients will be selected from applicants who are eligible to be considered for this scholarship. Students will be ranked according to their ATAR score and compared to other applicants who have applied for admission into a similar program at the College. Unadjusted scores will be used for the purposes of ranking. UAC equivalency tables will be used for comparison of scores.
The Scholarship shall not be awarded if, in the opinion of the Selection committee, there is no candidate of sufficient merit. The College reserves the right to award no Scholarships in a given year, to vary the number of Scholarships or to award a Scholarship/s at other times in exceptional circumstances as determined by the Dean of the College (or nominee). The College reserves the right to revise the Scholarships from time to time
Closing date: 20 May 2019